2017 Flight Information
What type of flight package do you offer, what's included and how much does it cost?
"Platinum Flight Package" $275.00 per person (traditional shared basket flight)
We offer a "One-of-a-kind", world class ballooning experience that has been receiving rave reviews and exceeding expectations for over 20 years. We understand that for most people this will be their only exposure to hot air ballooning, so with that in mind, we have tailored our flight package to be filled with amenities that will create memories to last a lifetime. We don't just offer you a balloon ride, we offer you a complete hot air ballooning experience.
Your Platinum Flight Package will include:
* Hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate and snacks upon arrival at the launch site as you watch your balloon being inflated and prepared for flight.
* An amazing balloon ride taking you from treetop level up several thousand feet above the ground and traveling 2 - 10 miles. You will be serenaded with classical music playing softly in the background as you take in the majestic beauty of the Rocky Mountains.
* If flight conditions permit, you may be offered the opportunity (if you would like), to take the controls and actually fly the balloon for a few minutes under the instruction of one of our highly experienced commercial pilots. Not only will you experience the highest altitude balloon ride in North America but you may be able to fly the balloon as well! Please note the ability to fly the balloon may not be available on every flight and is at the sole discretion of your Pilot In Command.
* Post flight you will take part in our traditional ballooning ceremony that includes "Story time by Tommy". You will be served your choice of champagne, mimosas or sparkling cider as our chief pilot explains the history of ballooning and recites the balloonists prayer.
* After your celebratory toast to a great flight you will be treated to our exclusive, complete, sit-down breakfast prepared on site by our professional crew. The breakfast includes eggs, bacon, french toast, hash browns, muffins and fresh fruit. Your white linen, full breakfast will be served in the great outdoors surrounded by the Colorado Rocky Mountains. This is another Colorado Hot Air Balloon Rides exclusive.
* At the conclusion of your once in a lifetime balloon experience each guest will receive a custom Colorado Hot Air Balloon Rides champagne glass to cherish for years to come.
When do you offer your balloon rides?
Our 2017 balloon ride season runs from May 13 - October 8. Sunrise flights are offered 7 days a week, weather permitting.
Where do you offer your balloon rides?
All of our flights launch from the same area in the South Park Valley. We have strategically located our balloon ride operations in this area so that we may conveniently service all of our guests from the Breckenridge Region, the Denver/Front Range Region, the Colorado Springs Region and the Buena Vista/Canon City/Fairplay Region from this one central location. Click here for general directions to our launch site